Kinesiology is the assessment of human movement, function and performance, it applies the sciences of anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, psychology and neuroscience. Successful rehabilitation must include all of these aspects to allow the human body to function as its designed.
Kinesiology taping is the new “buzz word” in sport and rehabilitation, there are many claims made that the use of kinesiology tape can help the athlete train faster, longer and harder. DES underwent training by KINESIO TEX TAPING and allows him to prescribe the use of kinesiology taping as part of your rehabilitation programme. Unlike other forms of tape, kinesiology tape moves with you, so allows you to function and continue with your rehabilitation programme, it can stay on for up to 7 days allowing you to shower, swim, train and perform all your everyday tasks.
The benefits of kinesiology tape include:
- Providing therapy 24hours a day for up to 5-7 days
- Pain relief – reduces pressure on pain receptors
- Reduced swelling – improves fluid dynamics
- Posture control – reminder to avoid poor / incorrect posture
- Normalises muscle tone / activity – improves movement patterns and assists corrective exercise programmes.
- Allows athletes to remain active
- Improved recovery rates
You will be fully assessed as part of your treatment and rehabilitation, prior to any kinesiology tape being applied. While it is not known how this taping technique works, like many forms of sports therapy treatments, it has been reported to help with pain, performance and fatigue.